Berryfields Parish Council
We're recruiting! Please see below Deputy Parish Clerk
The Parish Council is a transparent organisation, elected for the benefit of residents and our community stakeholders. it operates to a strict set of rules, within its Statutory Powers, and has the General Power of Competence giving it the freedom to act, as an individual could, within the law, for the benefit of parishioners. All its dealing and documents are available to members of the public.
If there is anything you wish to know, or if we can assist with living in Berryfields, please get in touch. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the office 01296 925750 during office hours from 10am to 4pm on weekdays. If there is no reply we may be out in the Parish please leave a message and we'll call back.
The PC is not the responsible Authority for roads and transport, or street lighting. Once these are adopted it will be Buckinghamshire Council. Similarly, planning decisions are made there. If you are unsure, we are able to help. We work closely with other Authorities to ensure Berryfields receives the best service and to help us deal with any issues on residents' behalf.
Over the next few years, the public spaces and land as well as all playgrounds will be taken over by the Parish Council. We currently own Marston Brook and Marston Green, Roman Park and Roman Park Playground, Gateway Park and the ditches along the lower part of Martin Dalby Way to the traffic lights, Berryfields Green land at Noble Crescent and the grassed central area at Ruby Crescent. All playgrounds are listed on the Parks & Recreation Areas page of this website. The PC manages all playgrounds and they are regularly inspected for safety. Our land contractors manage grass cutting and maintenance; litter, commercial waste and dog waste removal is contracted to Buckinghamshire Council.
Our allotments are fully let and we have a long waiting list. For more information about our allotments at Roman Park please visit our allotments page.
If you would like to report any issues you see in our parks or on the land please either call the office on 01296 925750, or email us at email@example.com
VACANCY DEPUTY PARISH CLERK
Permanent position subject to 6-month probation period
Full-time (37 hours per week) including some evening work and occasional events with time off in lieu.
Membership of Pension Scheme Reports to the Parish Clerk
Salary by negotiation dependent on experience and qualifications commensurate with the seniority of this role
Closing date for applications: Monday 15th August 2022 at 12 noon Interviews: Week beginning 29th August 2022
Overall Job Purpose
The Deputy Parish Clerk assists and deputises for the Parish Clerk; helping to ensure that an efficient, effective, and valued service is provided to the people of Berryfields.
The person appointed will assist with the effective management of parish resources including Roman Park Hall, playgrounds, recreation and leisure land, cycleway, tennis courts, park, allotments and tenanted properties. At Berryfields Parish Council the Deputy Parish Clerk prepares the monthly accounts and invoicing, bank reconciliation, VAT returns and assists with year-end accounts and audit preparations. The role includes allotment management, ad hoc projects, playground inspection and management (for which training will be given), preparing agendas and taking minutes at evening council meetings, overseeing production of parish magazine.
This is a full-time, permanent contract of 37 hours per week including some evening and occasional weekend working (for which time of in lieu will be given).
Key Duties and Responsibilities to assist in ensuring the Council’s parish and administrative functions and services are performed professionally and in accordance with all relevant statutory obligations.
As Deputy Parish Clerk to assist the Parish Clerk as follows:
1. To ensure that the Council complies with all its statutory obligations and applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
2. To ensure that the Council’s Standing Orders and Financial Regulations are up to date and are correctly observed and implemented and all other Policies and documentation are kept in order, updated as necessary.
3. To assist with the running of the Council’s meetings which includes preparing and publishing agenda for meetings of the Council in accordance with all statutory requirements. To attend meetings of the Council and any committees and prepare minutes for approval.
4. To assist with the management, maintenance and use of all the Council’s properties and facilities, particularly its two allotment sites, whether through direct management or through contracts, agreements or partnerships with other parties or providers.
5. To develop an understanding of planning and development issues as they affect the Council area, in particular the Local Development Plan and associated policies and the National Planning Policy Framework.
6. To attend training courses or seminars as necessary.
7. To obtain the Certificate in Local Council Administration (if not already gained) within one year.
1. To continue to acquire the necessary professional knowledge required for the efficient management of the affairs of the Council and to attend training courses, conferences or seminars on the work and Council’s activities as required by the Council.
2. To work with other members of the team to ensure efficient running of the Parish Council office by dealing with visitors, phone calls, postal, e-mail and any other enquiries.
3. To undertake such other duties commensurate with the level of the post and job purpose as required by the Council from time to time.
Please contact the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or download the job description, person specification and application form using the links below. For an informal discussion please call 01296 925750
Deputy Parish Clerk Job Description/advertisement
Deputy Parish Clerk Person Specification
Roman Park Club offers Friday night entertainment to members and their guests. The aim is to offer something for all tastes. If you have a suggestion please let us know. Talk to one of our team, or email email@example.com.
Our members' club offers licensed bar, cafe, regular events including SKY Sports. Members receive a 10% discount in our bars and cafe. Membership is open to all - £20 per annum for adults living in Berryfields, £30 for non-residents. Concessions for seniors.
Enjoy a quiet drink in the peaceful surroundings of Roman Park, or a snack indoors or outdoors, meet new friends and enjoy free events and entertainment.
Events for August
Friday 12th August - Esquires Coffee Staff Band!
Friday 19th August - Live BBs
Friday 26th August - DJ Danny Yega.
All events start at 5pm
Kid's entertainment at all events bouncy castle, arts & crafts.
Special offer at the bar: 2 for £12 cocktails, 2 for £8 pints.